Monday, May 11, 2009

Google Finally Disappointed Me

I was watching Obama's speech from the White House Correspondents' Dinner. That man is charming and affable. One particular joke caught my attention though.

Obama remarked that in the new spirit of openness for his administration he had been meeting with various heads of state: the President of Japan, the Prime Minister of Germany with pictures accompanying each person. Obama then said that he had been making time to meet with his enemies and not just his allies.

Then a picture of Obama sitting in the Oval Office with a pirate. That's right...

A FUCKING PIRATE

comes up on the screen. There's not much explanation about this pirate, Obama just says that the pirate gave him a copy of Peter Pan but he didn't read it.

While I understand that this is supposed to be a Somali pirate joke but they really went out there with the pirate costume. The only thing this pirate missed was a parrot.

So I head to google to find a picture of this pirate captain and turn up NOTHING! A few photoshopped pictures of Obama's face on a pirate, some skull and crossbones over the White House (not exactly sure what those are for) and Joe Biden in an eye patch.

Google, I NEED THIS. I WANT THIS. I HAVE TO HAVE THIS PICTURE OF OBAMA WITH A PIRATE.

IT'S A PIRATE FOR GOD'S SAKE!!!

No comments: